Thermoelectric Power of Amorphous FexNi80-xB20 Alloys
The thermoelectric power of four ferromagnetic FexNi80-xB20 alloys (where x varied in steps of 20) and of a nonmagnetic Pd86-Si14 alloys has been measured in the temperature interval 50–470 K. The thermoelectric powers (S) of FexNi80-xB20 alloys are negative and their temperature variation is similar to that in crystalline Fe-Ni alloys. However, their S values are for a factor of about ten smaller then those of crystalline alloys. In Fe20Ni60B20 alloy the change in S above the Curie temperature (Tc = 426 K) is observed. An interpretation of our results in terms of strong ferromagnetism is offered.
KeywordsMetallic Glass Amorphous Alloy Thermoelectric Power Crystalline Alloy Chemical Short Range Order
- 7.J. Durand, Amorphous Magnetism II (R. Levy and R. Hasegawa eds.) (1976), p.305.Google Scholar
- 9.O.V. Basargin, and A.I. Zakharov, Phys. Met. and Metallog. 37 (1974), 20.Google Scholar
- 13.E. Babi, B. Fogarassy, T. Kemeny and Ž. Marohni, J.M.M.M. (1980) to be published.Google Scholar
- 14.E. Babi, Ž. Marohni, M. Ocko, A. Hamzi and B. Pivac, J.M.M.M. (1980) to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.E. Babi, Ž. Marohnic, J. Ivkov and T. Ivezic, Fizika 10 Suppl. 2 (1978), 235.Google Scholar