Thermoelectric Power of Amorphous FexNi80-xB20 Alloys
The thermoelectric power of four ferromagnetic FexNi80-xB20 alloys (where x varied in steps of 20) and of a nonmagnetic Pd86-Si14 alloys has been measured in the temperature interval 50–470 K. The thermoelectric powers (S) of FexNi80-xB20 alloys are negative and their temperature variation is similar to that in crystalline Fe-Ni alloys. However, their S values are for a factor of about ten smaller then those of crystalline alloys. In Fe20Ni60B20 alloy the change in S above the Curie temperature (Tc = 426 K) is observed. An interpretation of our results in terms of strong ferromagnetism is offered.
KeywordsMetallic Glass Amorphous Alloy Thermoelectric Power Crystalline Alloy Chemical Short Range Order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.J. Durand, Amorphous Magnetism II (R. Levy and R. Hasegawa eds.) (1976), p.305.Google Scholar
- 9.O.V. Basargin, and A.I. Zakharov, Phys. Met. and Metallog. 37 (1974), 20.Google Scholar
- 13.E. Babi, B. Fogarassy, T. Kemeny and Ž. Marohni, J.M.M.M. (1980) to be published.Google Scholar
- 14.E. Babi, Ž. Marohni, M. Ocko, A. Hamzi and B. Pivac, J.M.M.M. (1980) to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.E. Babi, Ž. Marohnic, J. Ivkov and T. Ivezic, Fizika 10 Suppl. 2 (1978), 235.Google Scholar