Rotoplasmonic Excitations in the Electron Gas
By means of group theory we show that collective excitations of the electron gas which carry certain angular momentum in addition to the linear momentum exist. The energy E q m of such excitations has been calculated. For q tending to zero E q m goes to E o q , i.e. it coincides with the usual plasmon energy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kittel, Quantum theory of solids, John Wiley and Sons Inc.Google Scholar
- 2.Ziman, Principles of the theory of solids, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- 3.Hamermesh, Group theory, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.Google Scholar
- 4.Tinkham, Group theory and quantum mechanics, McGraw-Hill Book Company.Google Scholar
- 5.Lectures on the many body problem, vol.2 1964, Academic Press.Google Scholar