Inhibition of Prostaglandin Biosynthesis by Anti-Inflammatory Steroids
Few years ago it was reported that in vitro prostaglandin (PG) release from rabbit mesentheric artery stimulated by norepinephrin, as well as from sensitized guinea pig lungs challenged with antigen, was inhibited by anti-inflammatory steroids (11).
KeywordsArachidonic Acid Krebs Solution Prostaglandin Biosynthesis Hydrocortisone Inhibition Dialyze Supernatant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Di Rosa and P. Persico, Latency and reversion of hydrocortisone inhibition of prostaglandin biosynthesis in rat leucocytes. Agents and Actions Suppl. 4,pp 63–68 (1979a).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Di Rosa and P. Persico,Mechanism of inhibition of prostaglandin biosynthesis by hydrocortisone in rat leucocytes. Br. J. Pharmacol., 66: 161–163 (1979b).Google Scholar
- 11.R. J. Gryglewski, B. Panczenko, R. Korbut, L. Grodzinska and A. Ocetkiewicz, Corticosteroids inhibit prostaglandin release from mesenteric blood vessels of rabbit and from perfused lungs of sensitized guinea pig. Prostaglandins, 10:343–355 (1.975).Google Scholar
- 12.R. C. Haynes and J. Lamer, Adrenocorticotropic hormone; adrenocortical steroids and their synthetic anal inhibitors of adrenocortical steroid biosynthesis. In “The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics”, pp. 1472–1506, L. S. Goodman and A. Gilman, eds., 5th edition, New York MacMillan (1975).Google Scholar
- 13.G.S. Higgs, E. McCall and L. J. F. Youlten, A chemotactic role for prostaglandins released from polymorphonuclear leucocytes during phagocytosis. Br. J. Pharmacol., 53:539–546 (1975).Google Scholar
- 15.G. P. Lewis and P. J. Piper, Inhibition of release of prostaglandins as an explanation of some of the action of anti-inflammatory corticosteroids. Nature, 254:308–311 (1975) .Google Scholar
- 18.F. Russo-Marie, Involvement of glucocorticoid receptors in steroid-induced inhibition of prostaglandin secretion. J. Biol. Chem., in press (1979).Google Scholar