PIXAL: A High Level Language for Image Processing
In the field of image processing and pattern recognition many attempts towards the creation of general purpose software have been made during these last fifteen years according to the type of computing resources and classes of problems that were confronted by each working group.
KeywordsParallel Statement High Level Language Arithmetic Expression Picture Processing Nato Advance Study Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hewlett Packard ALGOL Programmer’s Reference Manual, HP02116–9072, Cupertino, California (1971).Google Scholar
- Johnston, E. G., “The PAX II Picture Processing System,” in Picture Processing and Psychopictorics (Lipkin, B., and Rosenfeld, A., eds.), New York, Academic Press (1970), pp. 427–512Google Scholar
- Kruse, B., “The PICAP Picture Processing Laboratory,” Dept, of Electrical Engineering, Linkoping University, 04–23 Intern. Skrift, LITH-ISY-I-0096 (1976).Google Scholar
- Kulpa, Z., and Novicki, H. T., “Simple Interactive Processing System, ‘PICASSO Show.,’” Proc. 3rd Intern’l Joint Conf. Pattern Recog. IEEE 76CH 1140–3C., Coronado (1976), pp. 218–222.Google Scholar
- Naur, P. (ed.), “Revised Report on the Algorithmic Language ALGOL 60,” Comm. ACM 6:1–17 (1963).Google Scholar
- Preston, K., Jr., “Applications of the Golay Transform to Image Analysis in Cytology and Cytogenetics,” in Digital Image Processing and Analysis (Simon, J. C., and Rosenfeld, A., eds.), Nato Advanced Study Institutes Series-Applied Science-No, 20, Leyden, Noorhoof (1977), pp. 401–412.Google Scholar
- Rosenfeld, A., and Kak, A. C., Digital Picture Processing, New York, Academic Press (1976).Google Scholar
- Stein, J. H., “Program Description of PAX, an IBM 7090 Program to Simulate the Pattern Articulation Unit of ILLIAC III,” Rpt. 151, Digital Computer Lab., Univ. of Illinois, Urbana (Sept. 1963).Google Scholar
- Suenaga, Y., Toriwaki, J., and Fukumura, T., “Fundamental Study of Difference Linear Filters for Processing of Continuous Tone Pictures,” Trans. IECE, JAPAN, 57D(3):119–126 (1964) (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- University College London, Image Processing Group, CAP4 Programmer’s Manual (June 1977).Google Scholar