A Computing System Organization for Image Data Retrieval
As observed in remotely sensed or medical image data processing, data bases for particular types of images are more and more regionally integrated. For the incorporation of these data bases in a distributed environment, the retrieval of this data to make images available for local processing is important. What is needed is an advanced facility for selecting related image data through an estimation of the relevancy of their essential features at a physical or conceptual level. This problem involves large-scale semantic data base handling and the facility for extracting image features for the embodiment of the data bases.
KeywordsData Item Code Vector Extract Image Feature Medical Image Data Local Feature Extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hanson, A. R., and Riseman, E. M., “The Design of a Semantically Directed Vision Processor (Revised and Updated),” COINS Tech. Rpt. 75C-1, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, February 1975.Google Scholar
- Ichikawa, T., “A Pyramidal Representation of Images,” Proc. 4th Internat’l Joint Conf. Pattern Recog. (Kyoto, November 1978).Google Scholar
- Ichikawa, T., and Konishi, Y., “A Behavioral Observation of ARES Through Semantic Word Retrieval,” Tech. Rpt. AL78–50, Inst. Electronics Comm. Engrs. Japan, October 1978 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Ichikawa, T., Sakamura, K., and Aiso, H., “A Multi-Microprocessor ARES with Associative Processing Capability on Semantic Data Bases,” AFIPS Conf. Proc. 47:1033–1039 (1978).Google Scholar
- Williams, T. D., and Lawrance, J. D., “Model-Building in the VISIONS High Level System,” COINS Tech. Rpt. 77–1, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, January 1977.Google Scholar