The first section of this report consists of a general discussion about the state of the art and future advances in the field of battery electrolyte development. In the second part, special emphasis will be given to problems which are related to the physics and chemistry of electrolytes. The group has focussed its interest on battery systems which either contain a solid electrolyte or in which an ionically conducting film forms on the electrode by reaction with an aprotic solvent. Aqueous and molten salt electrolytes are excluded, the latter being reviewed in the report of the study group on high temperature systems.
KeywordsSolid Electrolyte Battery System Cycling Efficiency Decomposition Voltage Molten Salt Electrolyte
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.C. Liang, U.S. Patent No. 81083 (1970) and No. 3541124 (1973).Google Scholar
- B. Owens and H.J. Hilton, U.S. Patent No. 1+007122 (1977).Google Scholar
- (3).U. v. Alpen and M.F. Bell, in “Fast Ion Transport in Solids”, P. Vashishta and J. Mundy Eds., Elsevier North Holland, N.Y. (1979).Google Scholar
- P. Pack, B. Owens and J.B. Wagner Jr., J. Electrochem. Soc., in press.Google Scholar
- R.J. Brooks, EC-report on Anglo-Danish battery project.Google Scholar
- (4).D. Ravaine and J.L. Sauquet, in “Solid Electrolytes”, P. Hagenmüller and W. van Gool Eds., Academic Press, p. 277 (1978).Google Scholar
- (7).A. Levasseur, J.C. Brethous, J.M. Réau and P. Hagenmüller, Mat. Res. Bull. 14, 921 (1979) and French Pat. No. 7711376 (1978).Google Scholar
- (8).A.M. Glass and K. Nassau, in “Fast Ion Transport in Solids”, P. Vashishta and J. Mundy Eds., Elsevier North Holland, N.Y. (1979).Google Scholar
- (9).J.M. Réau and J. Portier, see ref. 4.Google Scholar
- (13).P. Hartwig, W. Weppner and W. Wichelhaus, see ref. 8.Google Scholar
- (15).J. Schoonman, J.G. Kamphorst and E.E. Hellstrom, to be published in the proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute “Materials for Andvanced Batteries”, Aussois, 9-14, 9 (1979).Google Scholar
- (16).U. v. Alpen, M.F. Bell, H. Laig-Hörstebrock and G. Bräutigam, see ref. 8. G. Kafalas and R.J. Cava, ibid.Google Scholar
- (17).M.B. Armand, J.M. Chabagno and M. Duelot, see ref. 8.Google Scholar