Vitrification of High-Level Alumina Nuclear Waste
Borophosphate glass compositions have been developed for the vitrification of a high alumina calcined defense waste. The effect of substituting SiO2 and P2O5 for B2O3 on the viscosity and leach resistance was measured. The effect of the alkali to borate ratio and the Li2O:Na2O ratio on the melt viscosity and leach resistance was also measured.
KeywordsNuclear Waste Silica Glass Base Glass Waste Form Leach Test
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. F. Offutt and B. R. Wheeler, AEC-IN-1091, March (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Gombert, H. S. Cole, J. R. Berreth, DOE-ICP-1177, Feb. (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.H. T. Blair, DOE-BNWL-2061, May (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Valentine and B. J. Newby, DOE-ICP-1163, Oct. (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.S. A. Birrer, DOE-ICP-1148, April (1978).Google Scholar