Affinity Chromatographic Investigations on Enzyme Coenzyme Complexes of CoA-Dependent Enzymes
From the capacity of affinity gels with specifically bound acetyl-CoA, CoA, ATP, and adenosine to citrate synthase and some other CoA-dependent enzymes and from the elution of the bound enzymes by free enzyme analogues, the contribution of defined sites of the CoA-molecule to its binding in the enzyme-coenzyme complexes was determined. Conceptions on the structure of the enzyme-coenzyme complexes were derived. The specific influence of oxaloacetate on the elution of bound citrate synthase by acetyl-CoA is in line with an effectively ordered mechanism of the citrate formation.
KeywordsEnzyme Catalyze Reaction Kinetic Investigation Citrate Formation Coenzyme Binding Adenine Moiety
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Practical Guide for Use in Affinity Chromatography, Reactifs IBF, Clichy, France, 1979, p. 36.Google Scholar
- 2.MOSBACH, K., GUILFORD, H., OHLSSON, R. & SCOTT, M. Biochem. J. 127: 625, 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.LIMBACH, B. Thesis, TU, Munchen, 1978.Google Scholar
- 4.SRERE, P.A. in “Current Topics in Cellular Regulation”, Vol. 5 (B. L. HORECKER and E. R. STADTMA, eds.), Academic Press, New York, 1972, p. 239.Google Scholar
- 5.JOHANSSON, C.J. & PETTERSSON, G. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 484: 208, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.BARMAN, T.E. “Enzyme Handboodk”, Springer, Berlin, 1969, pp. 55 and 878.Google Scholar