Instabilities and Disturbances on Industrial Melt Spinning
To rationalize the melt spinning process of synthetic fibres, many approaches have been devoted in the recènt years1, 2, 3. Our recent investigation4 has included also the inertia forces as our model will be applied even for high spinning speeds. The results of this model are reliable only in the very upper part of the spinning path, as the applied constitutive equation neglects the elasticity.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Coefficient Final Fibre Elongational Viscosity Process Instability Synthetic Fibre
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.Kase, T.Matsuo - J.of Polymer Science. part A, 3, 2541 (1965)Google Scholar
- 3.A.Ziabicki - Applied Polymer Symposium, 6, 1 (1967)Google Scholar
- 4.G.Manfrè. S.Stellino - Paper delivered at Convegno-Scuola “Cristallizzazione dei Polimeri”, Gargnano (BS) Italy, May 14.17 1979, Proceedings p.245Google Scholar
- 6.S.Kase - J.of Applied Polymer Science, 18, 3279 (1974)Google Scholar
- 7.J.L.White, Y.Ide - Applied Polymer Symposium, 27, 61 (1975)Google Scholar
- 8.R.J.Fisher, M.M.Denn - A.I.Ch. E. Journal, 22, 236 (1976)Google Scholar
- 9.J.C.Hyun - A.I.Ch.E. Journal, 24, 418 (1978)Google Scholar