Ultrasonic Velocities and Rao Formalism in Polymer Solutions
Ultrasonic absorption and dispersion studies in polymer solutions (Dunn et al., 1969; Matheson, 1971; Pethrick, 1973) and in solid polymers (Phillips and Pethrick, 1977–78) have been the subjects of extensive research activity in the last decade. Through these investigations considerable progress has been made in the understanding of inter- and intramolecular interactions, modes of motion, and conformational changes in polymers.
KeywordsPolymer Solution Polyvinyl Acetate Ultrasonic Velocity Solid Polymer Polyacrylic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beyer, R.T., and Letcher, S.V. 1969, “Physical Ultrasonics,” Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Chattopadhyay, S., and Singh, R.P., 1980, Rao Constants of Polymers of Differing Structures (under publication).Google Scholar
- Das, S., Singh, R.P., and Maiti, S., 1980, Ultrasonic Studies and Rao Formalism in Polycondensates (communicated to Polymer Bulletin).Google Scholar
- Dunn, F., Edmonds, P.D., and Fry, W.J., 1969, Absorption and Dispersion of Ultrasound in Biological Media, in: “Biological Engineering,” H.P. Schwan, ed., McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Matheson, A.J., 1971, “Molecular Acoustics,” Wiley Interscience, London.Google Scholar
- Maiti, A.K., Singh, R.P., and Banerjee, P.C., 1980, Ultrasonic Effects in Formic Acid Solutions of Polybenzimidazoles (under publication).Google Scholar
- Pethrick, R.A., 1973, Acoustic Studies of Polymer Solutions, J. Macromol. Sci., C-9:91.Google Scholar
- Phillips, W.J., and Pethrick, R.A., 1977–78, Ultrasonic Studies of Solid Polymers, J. Macromol. Sci., C-16:l.Google Scholar
- Rao, M.R., 1940, A Relation between Velocity of Sound in Liquids and Molecular Volume; Ind. J. Phys., 14:109.Google Scholar
- Reddy, G.V., and Singh, R.P., 1980, Ultrasonic Velocities and Rao Constants of Aqueous Solutions of Polyvinylpyrrolidones; Ultrasonic Velocities and Rao Constants of Polymethylmethacrylate in Toluene. Acustica, 5 (in press).Google Scholar
- Reddy, G.V., Majumdar, S., and Singh, R.P., 1980, Ultrasonic Velocities and Rao Formalism in Solutions of Polymers of Differing Structures. Acustica (communicated).Google Scholar
- Von Krevelen, W.D., and Hoftyzer, P.J., 1976, “Properties of Polymers,” Elsevier Scientific Publishing Co., Amsterdam, p. 269.Google Scholar