Studies of Isospin Quintets and Neutron-Deficient Indium Isotopes with the On-Line Mass Analysis System Rama
The characterization of the nuclidic mass in those regions which are far removed from the line of beta stability is of fundamental importance for testing and improving mass theories. An increasing component of our knowledge on nuclear properties of light exotic nuclei is derived from the analysis of mass-separated radioactivity, complementing the much more extensive investigations by this technique of heavy nuclei off the stability line.1 Such studies provide new insights into the limits of nuclear stability, the behavior of nuclear shapes and the onset of new radioactive decay modes.
KeywordsMass Excess Magic Nucleus Ground State Mass Indium Isotope Light Exotic Nucleus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Footnotes and References
- 1.Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclei Far from Stability, Cargese, 1976, 3rd. Rep. CERN 76–13 and P. G. Hansen, to be published in Ann. Rev. Particle and Nuclear Science.Google Scholar
- 2.W. Benenson and E. Kashy, to be published in Revs. Mod. Phys. (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Cerny, D. M. Moltz, H. C. Evans, D. J. Vieira, R. F. Parry, J. M. Wouters, R. A. Gough and M. S. Zisman, Proc. of the Isotope Separator On-Line Workshop, ed. R. E. Chrien, BNL-50847 (1977) p. 57.Google Scholar
- 8.G. J. Kekelis, M. S. Zisman, D. K. Scott, R. Jahn, D. J. Vieira, J. Cerny and F. Ajzenberg-Selove, Phys. Rev. C17 (1978) 1929.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Epherre, G. Audi, C. Thibault, R. Klapisch, G. Huber, F. Touchard and H. Wollnik, Phys. Rev. C19 (1979) 1504.Google Scholar
- 12.C. M. Lederer and V. S. Shirley, editors, Table of Isotopes, 7th edition, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Rivier and R. Moret, Rad. Acta 22 (1975) 27.Google Scholar
- 15.G. Lhersonneau, G. Dumont, K. Cornelis, M. Huyse and J. Verplancke, Phys. Rev. C18 (1978) 2688.Google Scholar
- 16. (a)
- 16. (b)
- 16. (c)