Effect of High-Temperature Filtration on PWR Plant Radiation Fields
The most important source of radiation exposure to pressurized water reactor (PWR) plant maintenance personnel is associated with the activated corrosion product deposits (crud) on excore plant surfaces. Therefore to reduce radiation exposures to a level consistent with ALARA (As-Low-As-Reasonably-Achievable) control of crud transport and deposition is essential.
KeywordsCorrosion Product Electric Power Research Institute Reactor Coolant Magnetic Filtration Reactor Coolant System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beslu, P., Frejaville, G., “Occupational Radiation Exposure at French Power Plants: Measurement and Prediction”, Nucl. Technology, Vol. 44, June, 1979.Google Scholar
- 2.Darras, R., Dolle, L., Chenouard, J. and Laylavoix, F., “Recent Improvements in the Filtration of Corrosion Products in High Temperature Water and Application to Reactor Circuits,” Paper No. 43, Int. Conf. on Water Chem. of Nuclear Reactor Systems, Boumemouth, England, October 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Dolle, L., Rosenberg, J. and Darras, R., “Etude de Procedes de Filtration de l’Eau a Haute Temperature dans les Circuits Primaires”, Bull. D’Information Scientifiques et Techniques du CEA, No. 212, March 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.Heathcock, R. E. and Lacy, C. S., “Graphite Beds for Coolant Filtration at High Temperature, Paper No. 39, Ibid.Google Scholar
- 5.LeSurf, J. E., “Control of Radiation Exposures at CANDU Nuclear Power Stations,” J. Br. Nucl. Energy Soc., Vol. 16, January, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.Moskal, E. J. and Bourns, W. T., “High Flow, High Temperature Magnetic Filtration of Primary Heat Transport Coolant of the CANDU Power Reactors,” Paper No. 40, Ibid.Google Scholar
- 7.Sejvar, J., “Revision of CORA - A Computer Code for Calculating the Activities of Corrosion Products in Reactor Systems,” WCAP-7708, Westinghouse PWRSD, Pittsburgh, PA, May, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.Thexton, H. E., in “Materials Research in AECL,” AECL 5227, Summer, 1975.Google Scholar
- 9.Troy, M., Dallas, D. E., Arvidson, B., Dawson, A. M., Tower, S. N., Waskiewicz, R. W., Cuscino, G. P., Calderwood, A. S., Sejvar, J. and Kang S., “Study of Magnetic Filtration Applications to the Primary and Secondary Systems of PWR Plants,” EPRI Report, NP-514, May, 1978.Google Scholar