Perturbation Approach to Light Scattering by Non-Spherical Particles
Applying perturbation theory we have derived the first order perturbation corrections to the scattering characteristics for the case of light scattering by slightly deformed spheres. Numerical results are compared with those obtained using the extended boundary condition method. The range of applicability of the first order perturbation corrections are discussed.
KeywordsPerturbation Theory Light Scattering Order Perturbation Perturbation Approach Order Perturbation Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barber, P. and Yeh, C., 1975, Appl. Opt, 14, 2864.Google Scholar
- Chÿlek, P., Kiehl, J. T., Ko, M. W., 1978, Third Conference on Atmospheric Radiation, American Meteorological Society, 1978.Google Scholar
- Erma, V., 1968, Phys. Rev, 179, 1238.Google Scholar
- Waterman, P. C., 1971, Phys. Rev. D, 3, 825.Google Scholar
- Yeh, C., 1964, Phys. Rev, 135, A1193.Google Scholar