Tumor-Localizing Lymphocytotoxic Antibodies
Humoral tumor immunity as expressed within the tumor tissue has been studied in several laboratories, including ours (Witz, 1977). There is little doubt that immunoglobulin molecules are associated with cells lodging in the tumors of humans and of animals. A preferential association between Ig and tumor tissues was indicated in some cases (Ran and Witz, 1970).
KeywordsTumor Bearer L5178Y Cell Cytotoxicity Index Antilymphocyte Antibody Antitumor Antibody
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DeLeo, A. B., Shiku, H., Takahaski, T., John, M., and Old, L. J., 1977, Cell surface antigens and chemically induced sarcomas of the mouse. I. murine leukemia virus-related antigens and alloantigens on cultured fibroblasts and sarcoma cells. Description of a unique antigen in Balb/c metho A sarcoma, J. Exp. Med. 146: 720.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Forbes, A. P., Lake, J. F., and Bloch, K., 1976, Circulating antibody to renal collecting ducts in patients with hepatoma or renal cell carcinoma, Clin. Exp. Immunol. 26: 426.Google Scholar
- Fridman, H., Fradelizi, D., Guinezanes, A., Plater, C., and Leclerc, J. C., 1978, The role of the Fc receptor (FcR) of thymus-derived lymphocytes. II. Presence of FcR on suppressor cells and direct involvement in suppression, Eur. J. Immunol. 8: 549.Google Scholar
- Galili, N., Naor, D., Asjo, B., and Klein, G., 1976, Induction of immune responsiveness in a genetically low-responsive tumor host combination by chemical modification of the immunogen, J. Immunol. 6: 473.Google Scholar
- Profitt, M. R., Hirsh, M. S., Ellis, D. A., Gheridian, B., and Black, P. H., 1975, Immunological mechanisms in the pathogenesis of virus-induced murine leukemia. II. Target cell specificity of auto reactive thymocytes, J. Immunol. 117: 11.Google Scholar
- Sjörgren, H. A., 1964a, Studies on specific transplantation resistance to polyoma-virusinduced tumors. I. Transplantation resistance induced by polyoma-virus injection, J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 32: 361.Google Scholar
- Sjörgren, H. A., 1964b, Studies on specific transplantation resistance to polyoma-virusinduced tumors. II. Mechanism of resistance induced by polyoma-virus injection, J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 32: 375.Google Scholar
- Steinberg, A. K., Gershwin, M. E., and Gerber, N. L., 1975, Role of suppressor cells in the pathogenesis of autoimmunity in New Zealand mice, in: Immune Depression and Cancer ( G. W. Siskind, C. L. Christian, and S. D. Litwin, eds.), p. 42, Grune and Stratton, New York.Google Scholar
- Succi-Foca, N., Buda, J., McManus, J., Threpp, T., and Rumsta, K., 1973, Impaired responsiveness of lymphocytes and serum inhibitory factors in patients with cancer, Cancer Res. 33: 2373.Google Scholar
- Toh, B. H., and Müller, H. K., 1975, Smooth muscle-associated antigen in experimental cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, keratoacantoma and papilloma, Cancer Res. 33: 3741.Google Scholar
- Tønder, O., Krishman, E. C., Jewell, W. R., Morse, P. A., Jr., and Humphrey, L. J., 1976, Tumor Fc receptors and tumor-associated immunoglobulins, Acta. PathoL Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 84: 105.Google Scholar