Mononuclear Cells IgG Associated with Human Malignant Tissue
Surface receptors have become important as markers for the characterization and classification of mononuclear cells. Most attention has been focused on the receptors for sheep erythrocytes (E receptors), complement (C receptors), and the Fc region of the immunoglobulin molecule (Fc receptors). Rosette techniques are convenient for the detection of these receptors on cells in suspension. By applying the technique of hemadsorption to tissue sections, it is also possible to use the receptors as markers in studies of the topographic distribution of mononuclear cells in normal lymphoid organs, as well as in the characterization of neoplastic and inflammatory mononuclear cell infiltrates (Shevach et al., 1973; Jaffe et al., 1975; Stingl et al., 1977; Berard et al., 1978; Bjerke et al., 1978).
KeywordsHairy Cell Leukemia Indicator Cell Sheep Erythrocyte Acta Pathol Mononuclear Cell Infiltrate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen, D., Gurner, B. W., and Coombs, R. R. A., 1971, A phenomenon resembling opsonic adherence shown by disaggregated cells of the transmissible venereal tumour of the dog, Br. J. Exp. Pathol. 52: 447.Google Scholar
- Evans, R., 1976, Tumor macrophages in host immunity to malignancies, in: The Macrophage in Neoplasia ( M. Fink, ed.), pp. 27–42, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Jaffe, E. S., Shevach, E. M., Sussman, E. H., Frank, M., Green, I., and Berard, C. W., 1975, Membrane receptor sites for the identification of lymphoreticular cells in benign and malignant conditions, Br. J. Cancer 31: 107.Google Scholar
- Matre, R., Talstad, I., and Haugen, A., 1977, Surface markers in non-phagocytic hairy cell leukemia, Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 85: 406.Google Scholar
- Stingl, G., Wolff, K., Diem, E., Baumgartner, G., and Knapp, W., 1977, In situ identification of lymphoreticular cells in benign and malignant infiltrates by membrane receptor sites, J. Invest. Dermatol. 69: 231.Google Scholar
- Tønder, O., and Krogh, H. K., 1980, Hemadsorption techniques for the in situ characterization of mononuclear cells in tissue, in: Autoimmunity in Psoriasis,(E. H. Beutner, S. Jablonska, and T. P. Chorzelski, eds.), Yearbook Medical Publishers, Chicago, in press.Google Scholar
- Tønder, O., Krishnan, E. C., Jewell, W. R., Morse, P. A., Jr., and Humphrey, L. J., 1976, Tumor Fc receptors and tumor-associated immunoglobulins, Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 84: 105.Google Scholar
- Tønder, O., Krishnan, E. C., Morse, P. A., Jr., Jewell, W. R., and Humphrey, L. J., 1978, Localization of Fc receptors in human and rat malignant tissues, Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 86: 173.Google Scholar
- Wesenberg, F., 1978, Fcy receptors and IgG associated with human malignant tumours, Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 86: 259.Google Scholar
- Wesenberg, F., and Tønder, O., 1978, Evidence for nonspecifically bound IgG in human tumours, Acta Pathol. Microbiol. Scand. Sect. C 86: 251.Google Scholar