A Modified Course in Crisis Intervention for Police Officers
This paper describes a modification of the Bard (1972) model for training police in crisis intervention. It will discuss the course in terms of the rationale for the training design, the demographics of the officers involved, the content of the course, and the issues addressed through the training. The paper will also include statements written by the officers during the course of the training.
KeywordsToll Clarification Hate Fami
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bard, M. and Shellow, R. 1976. Issues in Law Enforcement. Reston, Virginia: Reston Publishing Co.Google Scholar
- Bard, M., Zacker, J., and Rutter, E. 1972. Police Family Crisis Intervention and Conflict Management. LEAA.Google Scholar
- Bittner, E. 1970. The Functions of Police in Modern Society. Rock- ville, Md.: NIMH Center for Studies of Crime and Delinquency.Google Scholar
- Boxley, R., Freundl, P., Rosenthal, K., and Bradley, R. 1974. Family Crisis Intervention. Boston: Police Training Reference Series, Boston Police Department.Google Scholar
- Siegel, M. 1978. Workaday world of the cop: stress, unending stress. Parade. March 12.Google Scholar