Economical Evaluation: A Training Workshop for Practical Psychological Testing of Drug Abuse Clients
This paper will concentrate on the practical aspects of evaluation in drug/alcohol abuse programs. It will outline the major areas of evaluation which, although not mutually exclusive, pragmatically have little overlap in terms of testing. Specific test recommendations will be made for each area. These tests have been found to tap into the four areas with maximum efficiency, according to my experience and readings in this area. A discussion of overall use of tests follows, which includes some allusion to a somewhat different perspective on the field of testing when results are to be used for placement and not just diagnostic purposes. Finally, an open-ended report form is presented which can be adapted to any test utilized, in evaluation, either singly or as part of a battery.
KeywordsVocational Rehabilitation Personality Functioning Word Knowledge Quick Test Vocational Interest
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burns, R.D. and Kaufman, S.H. 1972. Actions, styles and symbols in kinetic family drawings: an interpretative manual. New York, New York: Brunner/Mazel.Google Scholar
- Buros, O.K. (ed.). 1972. The seventh mental measurements yearbook. Highland Park, New Jersey: The Gryphon Press.Google Scholar
- Hutt, M.L. 1977. The Hutt adaptation of the Bender-Gestalt test. New York: Grune and Stratton.Google Scholar
- Kitay, P.M. 1972. In Buros, O.K. (ed) The seventh mental measurements yearbook. Highland Park, New Jersey: The Gryphon Press, Vol. I: 394–395.Google Scholar
- Machover, K. 1974. Personality projection in the drawing of the human figure: a method of personality investigation. Springfield, Illinois: C.C. Thomas.Google Scholar
- Matarazzo, J.D. 1972. Wechsler’s measurement and appraisal of adult intelligence. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins.Google Scholar
- Neff, W.S. 1968. Work and human behavior. New York, New York: Atherton Press.Google Scholar
- Occupational outlook handbook, 1978–1979 edition. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.Google Scholar
- Ogdon, D.P. 1975. Psychodiagnostics and personality assessment: a handbook. Los Angeles, California: Western Psychological Services.Google Scholar
- Wechsler, D. 1955. Wechsler adult intelligence scale: Manual. New York, Psychological Corporation.Google Scholar