Now that LAAM’s Here, Is Take Home Methadone Desirable?
It seems fitting that this introductory paper to the LAAM session should briefly review the status of Methadone--including long acting Methadone-therapy before turning to reports from individual principal investigators.
KeywordsMethadone Maintenance Treatment Methadone Maintenance Therapeutic Community Opiate User Methadone Patient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gearing, F.R. 1970. Evaluation of a methadone maintenance treatment program. Int. J. Addict. 5 (3): 517.Google Scholar
- Gearing, F.R. 1977. Evaluation of Treatment Programs in Schecter, A.: Rehabilitation Aspects of Drug Dependence. C.R.C. Press.Google Scholar
- Kleinman, P.H. and Lukoff, I.F. 1979. Ethnic differences in factors related to drug use. J. Health Soc. Behay. (in press).Google Scholar
- Lukoff, I.F. and Quatrone, D. 1973. A two year follow-up of the Addiction Treatment and Research Corporation, in Heroin Use and Crime in a Methadone Maintenance Program. Hayim, G., Lukoff, I.F. and Quatrone, D. (eds.), Law enforcement Assistance Administration, U.S. Dept of Justice, Wash, D.C.Google Scholar
- O’Donnell, J.A., Voss, H.L., Clayton, R.R., Slatin, G.T., and Room, R.G.W. 1976. Young Men and Drugs; A Nationwide Survey, Research Monograph Series No. 5, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, (ADM) 76–311, National Technical Information Service, Springfield, Va.Google Scholar
- Robbins, L.N. 1973. The Vietnam Drug User Returns. Specíal.Action Office for Drug Abuse Prevention, U.S. Government Printing.Google Scholar
- Robbins, L.N. 1975. Veterans’ Drug Use Three Years After Vietnam. Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine. (mimeograph).Google Scholar
- Rubins, V. and Comitas, L. 1975. Ganja in Jamaica. Vol 26 of New Babylon Studies in the Social Sciences. The Hague, Mouton.Google Scholar
- Winick, C. 1962. Maturing out of narcotic addiction. Bull. Narc., 14 (1): 1.Google Scholar
- Winick, C. 1974. Careers of chronic heroin users, in: Drug Use: Epidemiological and Sociological Approaches. Josephson, E. and Caroll, E. (eds. ). Wiley-Halsted.Google Scholar