Application of EGS and ETRAN to Problems in Medical Physics and Dosimetry
In this final lecture dealing with electromagnetic cascades we will look at a few applications of Monte Carlo programs to problems of interest in medical physics and dosimetry. In particular, we will consider two areas: 1) bremsstrahlung production from medical accelerators; 2) photon dosimetry at medium to low energies.
KeywordsSilicon Detector Monte Carlo Program Bremsstrahlung Spectrum Silicon Diode Energy Bremsstrahlung
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berger, M. J., 1976, Private communication with W. R. Nelson.Google Scholar
- Berger, M. J., 1978, Private communication with W. R. Nelson.Google Scholar
- Colbert, H. M., 1973, SANDYL: A computer program for calculating combined photon-electron transport in complex systems, Sandia Laboratories (Livermore) Report Number SCL-DR-720109.Google Scholar
- ICRU Report 19, 1971, Radiation quantities and units, The International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements.Google Scholar
- Kase, K. R., and Nelson, W. R., 1978, Concepts of Radiation Dosimetry, Pergamon Press, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- Seltzer, S. M., 1978, Private communication with W. R. Nelson.Google Scholar