Part of the Advances in the Study of Communication and Affect book series (ASCA, volume 5)
Sexual Orientation and Self-Perception
The awful confusion about homosexuality in American society is made evident by contrasting the depth and extent of antihomosexual attitudes against the prevalence of homosexual behavior.
KeywordsSexual Behavior Sexual Orientation Sexual Fantasy Homosexual Behavior Gender Characteristic
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bieber, I., et al. Homosexuality. New York: Random House, 1962.Google Scholar
- Churchill, W. Homosexual behavior among males. New York: Hawthorn, 1967.Google Scholar
- Freud, S. Collected papers (Ed. E. Jones ). New York: Basic, 1959.Google Scholar
- Humphreys, L. Tearoom trade. Chicago: Adline, 1970.Google Scholar
- Kelly, H. H. Attribution theory in social psychology. In D. Levine (Ed.), Nebraska Symposium on Motivation, 1967 (Vol. 15 ). Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1967.Google Scholar
- Kinsey, A. C., Pomeroy, W. B., & Martin, C. E. Sexual behavior in the human male. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1948.Google Scholar
- Kinsey, A. C., Pomeroy, W. B., Martin, C. E., & Gebhard, P. Sexual behavior in the human female. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1953.Google Scholar
- Krafft-Ebing, R. von. Psychopathia sexualis (trans. H. E. Wedeck). New York: Putnam, 1965. Lehne, G. K. Homophobia among men. In D. Davis & R. Bramon (Eds.), The forty-nine percent majority: Readings on the male sex role. New York: Addison-Wesley, 1975.Google Scholar
- MacDonald, A. P. The importance of sex-role to gay liberation. Homosexual Counseling Journal, 1974, 1, 169–180.Google Scholar
- Money, J., & Tucker, P. Sexual signatures. Boston: Little, Brown, 1975.Google Scholar
- Morin, S. F., & Garfinkle, E. M. Male homophobia. Journal of Social Issues,1978, 34(1),28–42.Google Scholar
- Reuben, D. Everything you always wanted to know about sex… but were afraid to ask. New York: Bantam, 1971.Google Scholar
- Spence, J. T., & Helmreich, R. Psychological dimensions of masculinity and femininity: Their correlates and antecedents. Austin: University of Texas Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- Storms, M. D., Stivers, M. L., Lambers, S. M., & Hill, C. A. Attitudes toward and personal experience with homosexuality among college students. Unpublished manuscript, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, 1977.Google Scholar
- Tripp, C. A. Homosexual matrix. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1975.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, G. Society and the healthy homosexual. Garden City, N.Y.: Anchor, 1972.Google Scholar
- Weinberg, M. S., & Williams, C. J. Male homosexuals. New York: Oxford University Press, 1974.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1979