Ellipsometric Observations of Aluminium Hydroxide Films Grown in Water Vapor
Commercial aluminium sheet which had been etched by Argon ions and exposed to water vapor in a vacuum system at 25 °C.
As supplied commercial aluminium sheet which had been chemically or mechanically cleaned and exposed to saturated water vapor at 70°C.
Freshly deposited films exposed to water vapor in a vacuum system at 25°C.
KeywordsWater Vapor Optical Constant Aluminium Sheet Aluminium Film Reactive Metal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. A. Barrett and A. B. Winterbottom, in “First International Congress on Metallic Corrosion,” p. 657, London, Butterworths 1962.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Kruger and P. C. S. Hayfield in “Handbook on Corrosion Testing,” W. H. Ailor, Editor, p. 783, Wiley, New York (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.R. S. Alwitt in “Oxides and Oxide Films,” J. W. Diggle and A. K. Vijh, Editors, Vol. 4, p. 169, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Vedder and D. A. Vermilyea, J. Electrochem. Soc. 115, 561 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.J. R. Beattie and G. K. T. Conn, Phil. Mag. 46, 222 (1955).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Drude, Ann. Phys. Leipzig, 32, 584, (1887);Google Scholar
- 10a.P. Drude, Ann. Phys. Leipzig, 34, 489 (1888);Google Scholar
- 10b.P. Drude, Ann. Phys. Leipzig, 39, 481 (1890).Google Scholar
- 11.R. W. Ditchbum, J. Opt. Soc. Am., 45, 743 (1955).Google Scholar
- 12.F. L. McCrackin and J. P. Colson in “Ellipsometry in the Measurement of Surfaces and Thin Films,” E. Passaglia, Editor, p. 61, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, D.C., (1964).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Tolansky, “Multiple Beam Interferometry,” Clarendon Press, Oxford, (1969).Google Scholar
- 16.M. A. Barrett in “Ellipsometry in the Measurement of Surfaces and Thin Films,” E. Passaglia, Editor, p. 213, National Bureau of Standards, Washington, D.C. (1964).Google Scholar