Part of the NATO Advanced Study Institutes Series book series (NSSB, volume 42)
Aspects of the Numerical Solution of the KKR-CPA Equations
In this lecture, we review some of the difficulties encountered in the solution of the KKR-CPA equations and the numerical techniques developed to overcome them.
KeywordsBrillouin Zone Structure Constant Reciprocal Lattice Vector Band Theory Coherent Potential Approximation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gyorffy, B. L. and Stocks, G. M., NATO-ASI lecture notes in this volume.Google Scholar
- 3.Gyorffy, B. L. and Stocks, G. M., J. de Phys. 5, C4–75 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.Gyorffy, B. L. and Stott, M. J. “Band Structure Spectroscopy of Metals and Alloys,” Ed. Fabian and Watson, Academic Press, 385 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.Davis, H. L., “Computational Methods in Band Theory,” Eds. Marcus, Janak and Williams, Plenum Press, 183 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.Temmerman, W. H., Györffy, B. L. and Stocks, G. M. “Transition Metals 1977” Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No. 39, 398 (1978) and J. Phys. F. 8, 2461 (1978).Google Scholar
- 12.The complex energies have been used by Bansil et al. (ref. 13) to plot a complex energy band structure of disordered alloys using the average t-matrix approximation. They interpret R and I has given the position in energy and lifetimes of Bloch states in the alloy.Google Scholar
- 14.See for example the discussion of Sec. II.5 of Ref. 1.Google Scholar
- 15.See for example Janak, J. F. in “Computational Methods in Band Theory,” Eds. Marcus, Janak and Williams, Plenum Press, 323 (1971) and other articles in the same volume.Google Scholar
- 22.Gonis, A., Stocks, G. M., Butler, W. H. and Györffy, B. L., to be published.Google Scholar
- 23.Bansil, A., Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 23, 260 (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1979