Electric-Field Induced Orientation of Polynucleotides
Transient dichroism produced by the orientation of a linear polyelectrolyte is shown to be related to the polarization of condensed counter-ions by demonstrating that the changes in alkali counter-ion concentration with degree of protonation of poly(A) predicted by current models of such polyelectrolytes is proportional to the field-induced orientation.
KeywordsStrong Electric Field Permanent Dipole Moment Valence Electronic Structure Applied Field Strength Linear Polyelectrolyte
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liptay W and Czekalla Z, Naturforsch A., 15, (1960) 1072.Google Scholar
- 2.O’Konski C T, Yoshioka K and Orttung W H, J. Phys. Chem., 63, (1959) 1558.Google Scholar
- 3.Shah M J, 1MB Technical Report TB-02-250; J. Phys. Chem., 67, (1963) 2215.Google Scholar
- 12.Manning G S, personal communication.Google Scholar
- 13.Charney E and Yamaoka K. Manuscript in preparation.Google Scholar