The Design of New Organic Electron Acceptors
In the five years since the discovery of the first “organic metal”, TTF-TCNQ (1) there has been widespread interest in the experimental properties and theoretical models for these materials. There is a wealth of carefully determined experimental data on these organic conductors and a number of theories have been proposed to rationalize and explain the properties of these materials. On the other hand chemists have had only limited success in designing new organic conductors.
KeywordsBand Structure Calculation Organic Metal Alkali Metal Salt Organic Conductor Room Temperature Conductivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.F. Herman, Physica Scripta, to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.(b)D. Jérome and M. Weger in “Chemistry and Physics of One-Dimensional Metals” edited by H. J. Keller, Plenum Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.J. B. Torrance in “Chemistry and Physics of One-Dimensional Metals” edited by H. J. Keller, Plenum Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- 15.(a)W. R. Hertler, U. S. Pat, 3,153,658 (1964);Google Scholar
- 15.(c)Y. Hoyano, S. Huizinga, and L. Weiler, unpublished results.Google Scholar