Studies of the Adsorption of Halogens by Polydiacetylenes
The adsorption of electron-attracting species such as halogens or ASF5 by fibrous crystalline polyacetylene, (CH)n, films yields materials with high room temperature electrical conductivity . Solid state polymerization of diacetylenes, R-C≡C-C≡C-R, is capable of producing conjugated polymers, (=CR-C≡C-CR=) n, in a highly ordered form . We have undertaken studies of the adsorption of halogens by polydiacetylenes to see if effects comparable with those observed for polyacetylene occur.
KeywordsIodine Vapour Spin Concentration Queen Mary College Solid State Polymerization Iodine Adsorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.J.B. Armitage, E.R.H. Jones and M.C. Whiting, J. Chem. Soc, 1993 (1952)Google Scholar
- 4.D.A. Fisher, D.N. Batchelder and M.B. Hursthouse, Acta Cryst. (in press)Google Scholar
- 5.K. Bowden, I. Heilbron, E.R.H. Jones and K.H. Sargeant, J.Chem. Soc, 1579 (1947)Google Scholar
- 6.D.A. Fisher, D.J. Ando, D.N. Batchelder and M.B. Hursthouse, Acta Cryst. (in press)Google Scholar
- 7.B. Tieke, W. Lieser and G. Wegner, J. Polym. Sci. Chem. Ed. (in press)Google Scholar