Hard tissues can be divided into bones and teeth, as mentioned previously. This chapter will be concerned with repairs or replacements of bone with implants. Joint and tooth implants will be studied separately in Chapter 12.
KeywordsBone Plate Section Modulus Fracture Femoral Head Fracture Plate Hard Tissue Replacement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. O. Bechtol, A. B. Ferguson, and P. G. Laing, Metals and Engineering in Bone and Joint Surgery, Ballière, Tindall, and Cox, London, 1959.Google Scholar
- J. H. Dumbleton and J. Black, An Introducton to Orthopedic Materials, chapter 9, Charles C Thomas, Springfield, Ill. 1975.Google Scholar
- V. H. Frankel and A. H. Burstein, Orthopedic Biomechanics, chapter 7, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, 1971.Google Scholar
- G. Kuntscher, The Practice of Intramedullary Nailing, Charles C Thomas, Springfield, Ill., 1947.Google Scholar
- C. S. Venable and W. C. Stuck, The Internal Fixation of Fractures, Charles C Thomas, Springfield, Ill., 1947.Google Scholar
- D. F. Williams and R. Roaf, Implants in Surgery, chapters 6–8, W. B. Saunders Co., London, 1973.Google Scholar