UO2-Gd2O3 Sintering Behavior
The sintering characteristics of UO2-Gd2O3 Mixtures were investigated over the range 0 to 20 wt% Gd2O3. It was observed that as little as 0.5 wt% Gd2O3 will reduce the sinterability of powder mixtures. This effects is Correlated to stoichimetry changes induced by the ionic substitution of Gd+3 for U+4 in the structure.
KeywordsUranium Dioxide Fuel Pellet Atomic Absorption Analysis Gd203 Content Neutron Absorber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. K. Anderson and J. S. Theilacker, Editors, Neutron Absorber Marerials for Reactor Control, U. S. Government Printing Office, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.Docket 50–254-15, Quad-Cities Station Units 1 and 2, Amendment 9, Contained Burnable Neutron Absorber as Supplementary Control.Google Scholar
- 3.Docket 50–261-333, H. B. Robinson Unit 2, License OPR-23, Description and Evaluation of Test Assemblies Containing Gadolinium-Bearing Fuel Rods — H. B. Robinson Unit No. 2 Cycle 3.Google Scholar
- 4.H. H. Davis and L. J. Ferrell pp. 389–403 in Ceramic Microstructures ’76. Edited by R. M. Fulrath and J. A. Pask, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.R. P. Elliott, Editor, Constitution of Binary Alloys, First Supplement, McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1965, p. 701.Google Scholar
- 10.H. H. Davis, L. J. Ferrell, and J. L. Harrison, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 52, (9) 721 (1973).Google Scholar