Rate Controlled Sintering as a Processing Method
Rate controlled sintering (RCS) has been under development at this University since 1965. It has emerged as an optimizable laboratory procedure which offers a rational alternative to the up-and-hold conventional temperature sintering (CTS) profiles commonly employed for the densification of kiln-fired crystalline ceramics.
KeywordsFinal Technical Report ISOSTEARIC Acid Auxiliary Experiment Thermocouple Output Firing Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Palmour III and D. R. Johnson, pp. 779–91 in Sintering and Related Phenomena. G. C. Kuczynski, N. A. Hooton, and C. F. Gibbon, Eds., Gordon and Breach, Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Lawhon, M. S. Thesis, N. C. State University, 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.D. R. Johnson, Ph.D. Dissertation, N. C. State University, 1970.Google Scholar
- 4.M. L. Huckabee and H. Palmour III, Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 51 (7) 574–576 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Palmour III and M. L. Huckabee, pp. 275–282 in Sintering and Related Phenomena. G. C. Kuczynski, Ed., Mat. Sci. Research, Vol. 6, Plenum Press, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Palmour III, T. M. Hare and M. L. Huckabee, Final Technical Report, Contract N00019–73-C-0139, Naval Air Systems Command, March 1974.Google Scholar
- 7.T. M. Hare and H. Palmour III, pp. 307–320 in Ceramic Processing Before Firing. L. L. Hench and G. Onoda, Jr., Eds., John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Palmour III, T. M. Hare, Final Technical Report, Contract N00019–74-C-0265, Naval Air Systems Command, July 1975.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Palmour III and M. L. Huckabee, U. S. Pat. 3,900,542, Aug. 19, 1975.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Palmour III, M. L. Huckabee and T. M. Hare, pp. 308–19 in Ceramic Microstructures V6. R. M. Fulrath and J. A. Pask Eds., Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado, 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.H. Palmour III, M. L. Huckabee and T. M. Hare, “Rate Controlled Sintering: Principles and Practice”, Presented at IV International Round Table Conference on Sintering, September 5–10, 1977, Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia. To be published in Conference Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 12.R. M. German and Z. A. Munir, pp. 249–267, in Sintering and Catalysis. G. C. Kuczynski, Ed., Mat. Sci. Research Vol. 10, Plenum Press, New York-London, 1975.Google Scholar