New Areas Arising from Studies of Secretory Immunity
I recognize that it is more or less traditional for introductory talks at international symposia, such as this, to either review the field from a historical perspective or attempt a critical analysis of the current status and future frontiers of the area. I will leave the latter to the conference summarizers and will not dwell on history. Rather, I choose to relate to you three areas that developed in our laboratory primarily as outgrowths of our initial work on the secretory system. I hope they will be of interest to you and although two are somewhat to the side of the major theme of the conference, they do have pertinence since they relate to factors which may regulate the immune response in general and, therefore, may well affect the secretory system although this has not as yet been directly studied.
KeywordsSecretory Component Chronic Active Liver Disease Lamina Propria Cell Cell Mediate Reaction Nonspecific Protease
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ogra, S. S., Murgita, R. A. and Tornasi, T. B., Jr., Immunol. Comm. 3(5): 497, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Keller, R. H., Calvanico, N. J. and Tornasi, T. B., Jr., in Onco-Developmental Gene Expression (Edited by Fishman, W. H. and Sell, S.) Academic Press, Inc., New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.Peck, A. B., Murgita, R. A. and Wigzell, H., J. Exp. Med., in press, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.Chiller, J. M. and Weigle, W. O., in Contemporary Topics in Immunobiology (Edited by Hanna, M. D.), Vol. 1, Plenum Press, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 10.Labib, R. S. and Tornasi, T. B., Jr., Immunol. Comm., in press.Google Scholar
- 12.Goldberger, R. F., Epstein, C. J. and Anfinsen, C. B., J. Biol. Chem. 236: 1406, 1964.Google Scholar
- 14.Plaut, A. G., Genco, R. J. and Tornasi, T.B., Jr., in The Immunoglobulin A System (Edited by Mestecky, J. and Lawton, A. R.), Plenum Press, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- 16.Labib, R. S. and Tornasi, T. B., Immunol. Comm., in press.Google Scholar