Chemical Stability of Boron Containing Glass Enamels with Special Reference to Lead Release
The use of low softening point, coloured glasses as applied decoration on different types of glass articles is popular and widespread. Enamel colours which are permanently fused to the glass surface have the advantage of being uniformly glossy and durable.
KeywordsStability Diagram Lead Extraction Lithium Borate Boric Acid Solution Boric Oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.F. Geller and E.N. Bunting, J.Res.Natl.Bur.Sts., 23, (1939), 275Google Scholar
- 5.R.F.R. Sykes, Glass Technol., 6, (1965), 178.Google Scholar
- 6.R.F. Geller, A.S. Creamer and E.N. Bunting, J.Res.Nat.Bur.Std., 18, (1937), 585.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Dimbleby and W.E.S. Turner, J.Soc.Glass Tech., 10, (1926), 304.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Paul, J.Mater.Sci., (in press).Google Scholar
- 9.G.G. Charette and S.N. Flengas, Can.Met.Quart., 7, (1968), 191.Google Scholar