Structure of Borate Glasses by Raman Spectroscopy
A large body of literature on the Raman spectra of glasses has now been accumulated. Vibrational spectra of borate glasses have been used to elucidate the structural units present in these glasses as exemplified by the work of Stevels, Konijnendijk, and Bril. Measurements are given in the present paper span for lithium, sodium, and potassium borate glasses. However, we will emphasize the linkages of the structural units and have something to say about phase separation in these glasses.
KeywordsRaman Spectrum Glass Structure Borate Glass Alkali Content Alkali Concentration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.S. Krishnan, Indian J. Pure & Appl. Phys. 9 (1971) 916.Google Scholar
- A. Bertoluzza, C. Fagnano and P. Monti, Academia Nazionale dei Lincei, Ser. 8, 55 (1973) 506.Google Scholar
- W.B. White, G.J. McCarthy and J. McKay (abs) Ceram. Bull. 50 (1971) 411.Google Scholar
- W.L. Konijnendijk, Philips Res. Reports Suppl. No. 1 (1975).Google Scholar
- D.L. Griscom “Borate Glass Structure” pp 1–128, this volume.Google Scholar
- R.H. Stolen, Phys. Chem. Glasses 11 (1970) 83.Google Scholar
- S.A. Brawer, Phys. Chem. Glasses 16 (1975) 2.Google Scholar
- S.A. Brawer and W.B. White, J. Chem. Phys. 63 (1975) 2421.Google Scholar
- J. Krogh-Moe, Phys. Chem. Glasses 6 (1965) 46.Google Scholar
- L.A. Kristiansen and J. Krogh-Moe, Phys. Chem. Glasses 9 (1968) 96.Google Scholar
- J.S. Berkes and W.B. White, Phys. Chem. Glasses 7 (1966) 191.Google Scholar