New Hydrostatic Pressure Results on Sulphur Impurity Center in GaSb
The pressure measurements of the resistivity of GaSb samples doped with sulphur at temperature T = 300K reported by B.B. Kosicki (1) revealed the steep increase of the resistivity with pressure. This increase was thought to result from deionization of sulphur impurity level. From the slope of the experimental dependence ρ(p)/ρ0 for pressures p>10kbar, B.B. Kosicki found the pressure coefficient of the sulphur donor level relative to L minimum ∂(ED-EL)/∂P = -6.4 meV/kbar which in relation to Γ minimum gives the value ∂(ED-EΓ)/∂p = - 16 meV/kbar. Basing on the obtained value of the pressure coefficient B.B. Kosicki related the observed level to the X minimum of the conduction band.
KeywordsPressure Dependence Pressure Coefficient Donor Level Impurity Level Hall Mobility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.B. Kosicki, Harvard University Technical Report No. HP-19 1967.Google Scholar
- 2.A.Ya. Vul’, G.L. Bir, Yu.V. Smartsev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 4, 2331 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Dmowski, M. Baj, A. Hier, S. Porowski, Conf. on High Pressure and Low Temperature Physics 20–22.07.1977, Cleveland.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Bordure, F. Gaustavino, C.R. ACad. Sci., Paris 267, 860 1968.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Osamura, K. Nakajima, Y. Murakami, Memoirs of the Faculty of Engineering Kyoto University, Vol. XXXVII, Part 2 1975.Google Scholar