Single-Column Analysis of Amino Acids
Increased interest and improved technology in determining the primary structure of proteins have placed an emphasis on reducing the analysis time and increasing the sensitivity of routine amino acid analyses. The growing interest in the study and clinical diagnosis of metabolic disorders by analyzing ninhydrin-positive compounds in biological fluids has also dramatized the need for increased speed and sensitivity.
KeywordsAmino Acid Analysis Total Analysis Time Column Pressure Baseline Change Linear Flow Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Durrum DC-3 Resin, Durrum Chemical Corporation, Palo Alto, California.Google Scholar
- 3.Pico-Buffer(E)System, Durrum Chemical Corporation, Palo Alto, California. (reg. U.S. Patent Office, Washington, D.C.)Google Scholar
- 4.Details of experiments leading to some of the conclusions of this section, as well as the mechanism of action of the Pico-Buffer System will be discuss in a subsequent report, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 6.All resins used were obtained from Durrum Chemical Corporation, Palo Alto, California.Google Scholar
- 7.Benson, J.R., “High-Speed, High-Sensitivity Single-Column Analysis of Amino Acids, AMERICAN LABORATORY, p. 51, October 1972.Google Scholar