On-Line Operation of a PE 621 Infrared Spectrophotometer— IBM/1800 Computer System
A PE 621 infrared spectrophotometer purchased with shaft encoders and analog-to-digital signal converters was interfaced with an IBM 1800 data acquisition and control system. The real-time computer system programing is currently capable of monitoring and/or controlling a number of such subsystems. The online operation of the spectrophotometer is presently limited to data acquisition and processing.
KeywordsInfrared Spectrophotometer Buffer Register Encoder Register System Analyst Interface Unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Savitzky, paper #4 presented at the 8th European Congress on Molecular Spectroscopy, Copenhagen, Denmark, August 17, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Lauer and R. A. Osteryoung, Anal. Chem. 40, 31A (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.C. H. Sederholm, P. J. Friedl, and T. R. Lusebrink, paper presented at Pittsburgh Conference on Anal. Chem. and App. Spectroscopy, March 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Instruction Manual for Model 8RLS Encoder Readout/Computer Interface, The Perkin-Elmer Corporation, August 1967.Google Scholar
- 7.Adopted from FORTRAN routines supplied by the Perkin-Elmer Corporation to users, which were written by A. Savitzky (P.E. Corp.) and by R. A. Crisler (Proctor-Gamble).Google Scholar
- 8.R. P. Eischens and W. A. Pliskin, Actes Congr. Intern. Catalyse, Paris (1960).Google Scholar