Mathematics has always been an essential technical element in civilization, but it also plays an intellectual role because of the unique character of its conceptual structure. Geometric and arithmetic ideas framed and supported Babylonian astrology and as a consequence indicated order and inevitableness in human affairs. Classical geometry presented the original format for a rigorous logical discussion and shaped the whole concept of a philosophical point of view based on a specific set of principles from which all others are deduced. Problem mathematics is necessarily associated with the idea of human affairs based on a mutual understanding arrived at by logical means.
KeywordsScientific Theory Human Affair Classical Geometry Basic Conviction Action Hypothesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gatlin, T. L., Information Theory and the Living System, Columbia University Press, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.Heisenberg, Werner, Physics and Philosophy, Harper Brothers, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.Joad, C. E. M., Guide to Philosophy, Dover Publications, Inc., New York (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.Murray, F. J., Mathematics and the exact sciences, Phil. Math., 10, 134–154 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Schrödinger, E., What Is Life and Other Essays, Doubleday, New York (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.von Neumann, John, Theory of Self Reproducing Automa (completed by Arthur W. Burks), University of Illinois Press, Urbana, Illinois (1966).Google Scholar