On the Accuracy of an Improved Method for the Measurement of O2-Dissociation-Curves According to Niesel & Thews,1961
During the first part of its journey to tissue oxygen is carried by blood. The greatest part thereby is bound chemically to hemoglobin. The molecular mechanism of this binding gives the so-called O2-dissociation-curve its typical, sigmoidal form. The O2-dissociation-curve is the function between O2-saturation and O2 -parfial-pressure. This curve is of great importance for the O2-supply of ‘he tissues. It is important for practice as well as for formulating a theory in this field. Within the last few years it has been discovered, that the O2-dissociation-curve is influenced by organic phospha-tes, e.g. 2,3-DPG (CHANUTIN, CURNISH, 1967; BENESCH, BENESCH, 1967). Because of this new discovery a correlation to metabolism and also new therapeutic possibilities have been found. The influence of a low molecular substance on the O2-dissociation-curve could be deduced from a theo-retical analysis of the O2-hemoglobin-equilibrium, too (BARNIKOL, THEWS, 1969).
KeywordsBlood Smear Oxygen Transport Organic Phosphate Hypertone Solution Oxyhemoglobin Dissociation Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W.K. R. Barnikol, W. Döhring und G. Thews Eine verbesserte Methode zur Registrierung von 02-Bindungskurven nach dem Verfahren von NIESEL und THEWS 4. Atmungsphysiolog. Arbeitstagung in Mainz, 1971.Google Scholar
- R. Benesch, R.E. Benesch The effect of organic phosphates from the human erythrocyte on allosteric properties of hemoglobin Biochem. Biophys. Res Commun. 26, 162–167 (1967).Google Scholar
- A. Chanutin, R. Curnish Effect of organic and inorganic phosphates on the oxygen equilibrium of human erythrocytes Arch. Biochem. 121, 96–102 (1967).Google Scholar
- W. Döhring, K. Diefenthäler und W.K.R. Barnikol The production and application of 0,2 to 1,0p thick polytetrafluorethylene membranes to continuous polarographic measurement of oxygen tension in the gas phase. Oxygen Supply, Urban und Schwarzenberg S. 86–91 (1973).Google Scholar
- C.H. Franco, I.S. Longmuir, and M.Mc Cabe New methods for the continuous registration of oxyhemoglobin dissociation curves J. Physiol. (London) 161, 54P - 55P (1962).Google Scholar
- L. A. Kiesow, J.W. Bless. D.P. Nelson, and J.B. Shelton A new method for the rapid determination of 02 dissociation curves in small blood samples by spectrophotometric titration Clin. Chim. Acta 41, 123–139 (1972).Google Scholar
- F. Waldeck, R. Zander Lageveränderungen der Sauerstoffbindungskurve in Abhängigkeit von den intraerythrozytären Kationen–und Hämoglobinkonzentrationen. Klin. Wschr. 47, 1068–1078 (1969)Google Scholar