Platelet Function Tests and Thrombosis
In this review it is proposed first to consider laboratory-tests in general. What are they for? How are they to be judged? The criteria for the diagnosis of thrombosis will be considered and then the functions thought to be involved. Finally some tests preferred by the author will be briefly reviewed against this back-ground information.
KeywordsDeep Vein Thrombosis Platelet Rich Plasma Bleeding Time Platelet Adhesion Release Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Flanc C., Kakkar V. V., Clarke M. B., The detection of venous thrombosis of the legs using 125i-labelled fibrinogen. Brit. J. Surg., 55, 742, 1968.Google Scholar
- 3.Fletcher A. P., Alkjaersig N., O’brien J. R., Tulevski V. G., Trans. Ass. Amer. Physicians, 83, 159, 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.Haslam R. S., Taylor A., Platelet aggregation Ed. J. Caen, p. 85, 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.Mielke C. H., Kaneshiro M. M., Maker I. A., Weiner J. M., Rapaport S., The standardized normal Ivy bleeding time and its prolongation by aspirin. Blood, 34, 204, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Negus D., Pinto D. J., Le Quesne L. P., Brown N., Chapman M., 125l-labelled fibrinogen in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis and its correlation with phlebography. Brit. J. Surg., 55, 835, 1968.Google Scholar
- 9.O’brien J. R., Tolevski V., Etherington M., Platelet function tests in pre-and post-operative patients with and without thrombosis. Symposium on “The role of platelets in haemostasis and thrombosis”-Prague. Abstract, p. 46, 1971.Google Scholar
- 10.O’brien J. R., Tolevski V., Etheringtot M., Two in vivo studies comparing high and low aspirin dosage. Lancet, 1, 379, 1971.Google Scholar