The Role of Carbonic Anhydrase in the Control of Intracellular pH
In spite of the obvious importance of carbonic anhydrase in affecting the pH value of biological fluids, there are surprisingly few studies on its contribution to the regulation of intracellular pH. There are two studies on the effect of inhibition of carbonic anhydrase on the intracellular pH of rat brain.
KeywordsCarbonic Anhydrase Exit Channel Organic Phosphate Shell Gland Electrochemical Equilibrium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fitzsimmons, E. J. and Sendroy, J. Jr. (1961). J. Biol. Chem. 236: 1595.Google Scholar
- Maren, T. H. (1972). Amer. J. Physiol. In press.Google Scholar
- Maren, T. H. and Broder, L. E. (1970). J. Pharmacol. Exptl. Therap. 172: 197.Google Scholar
- Poole, D. T., Butler, T. C. and Waddell, W. J. (1964). J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 32: 939.Google Scholar
- Simkiss, K. (1970). J. Physiol. 207: 63 P.Google Scholar