Circulatory Function in the Early Postoperative Period After Pulmonary Surgery
The circulatory adaptation after major surgical trauma was studied with the objective to elucidate patophysiological mechanisms in postoperative complications. Such changes may also have importance for understanding the early development of clinical shock.
KeywordsStroke Volume Leave Atrial Early Postoperative Period Circulatory Function Total Blood Volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bratteby, L.E. (1967): Studies on erytro-kinetics in infancy. VIII Mixing disappearance rates and distribution volume of labelled erythrocytes and, plasma proteins in early infancy. Acta Societas Medicorum Upsaliensis, 72, 243.Google Scholar
- West, J.B. (1966): Regional differences in blood flow and ventilation in the lung. IN: Caro C.G. Advances in Respiratory-Physiology. Edward Arnold (Publishers) Ltd, London.Google Scholar
The results presented here will be published in more extensive form
- Circulatory effects of moderate alterations in body position before and in the postoperative period after pulmonary surgery. Acta Societas Medicorum Upsaliensis (1969) in press.Google Scholar
- Central circulatory function in the early postoperative period after pulmomary surgery. To be published in Scandinavian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Together with L. Johansson, C.J. Westerholm.Google Scholar
- Circulatory reactivity to adrenaline and urinary excretion of noradrenaline and adrenaline in the early postoperative period after pulmonary surgery. To be published in Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation.Google Scholar
- Circulatory effects of Digoxin and Propranolol in the early postoperative period after pulmonary surgery. To be published in Scandinavian Journal of Thoracic and cardiovascular surgery.Google Scholar
- Changes in total blood volume early after pulmonary surgery and its relation to changes in stroke volume. To be published in Acta anaesthesiologica scandinavica. Together with L.E. Bratteby.Google Scholar
- Effects of oxygen on the circulation and the pulmonary vascular resistance in the early postoperative period after pulmonary surgery. To be published in Acta anaesthesiologica scan-dinavica.Google Scholar