Narrowing of the 14 Kev Emission Line of 57Fe by Resonant Filtering
The 14 Kev Mössbauer gamma ray of 57Fe originating from a 57Co source in a copper matrix has been narrowed by resonant absorption. A decrease in the source line width on the order of 40 percent has been achieved. This decrease in source line width will result in increased resolution.
KeywordsLine Width Emission Line Sodium Nitroprusside Resonant Absorption Copper Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. G. Stevens and V. E. Stevens, editors, Mössbauer Effect Data Index (Plenum, New York, 1970.)Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Andreeva and R. N. Kuzmin in Proceedings of the Conference on the Application of the Mössbauer Effect, edited by I. Dezsi (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, 1970).Google Scholar
- 5.J. C. Carrell, to appear in Nucl. Inst. and MethodsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Shur-Weld, Modern Materials Manufacturing Co., St. Louis, Mo.Google Scholar
- 7.A. H. Muir, Jr., K. J. Ando and H. M. Coogan, editors, Mössbauer Effect Data Index 1958–1965 (John Wiley, New York, 1966).Google Scholar