Experiences with Amoxicillin in Full-Term and Pre-Term Neonates
The fact that one often needs an effective and non-toxic broad spectrum antibiotic in the treatment of neonates instigated our trials with amoxicillin. For this purpose 12 full-term and 7 pre-term neonates were given 1 dose of 50mg/kg orally during the first 2 days of life. A second group of 7 full-term neonates of the same age were given 2 doses of amoxicillin 50mg/kg orally at 12 hour intervals. In every case we determined serum levels and calculated elimination constants and serum half lives.
KeywordsSerum Level Hourly Interval Sensitive Strain Serum Half Life Oral Penicillin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen; J. A. Raeburn; J. Devine; J. Kirkwood; B. Elliott; F. Cockburn a. J. 0. Forfar:Google Scholar
- Weingärtner, L.; R. Patsch; W. Weigel a. R. Müller: Ampicillin - a semi-synthetic penicillin - in Pregnancy and Pre-Term and Full-Term Neonates.Google Scholar
- Mschr. Kinderheilk. 116 (1968) 63–68.Google Scholar
- Weingärtner, L.; U. Sitka; R. Patsch a. D. Herrmann: Pharmacokinetic studies of Carbenicillin (Pyopen) in Newborns and Premature s.Google Scholar
- VII. Internat. Congress of Chemotherapy, Prague 1971.Google Scholar
- Advan. antimicrob. antineoplastic. chemother. 1 (1972) 99–102.Google Scholar