Heat Exchanger Performance Prediction by Electrical Analogy
Analysis of temperature performance for heat exchangers, in steady-state operation with given fluid-flow rates and heat-transfer coefficients, is greatly facilitated by means of several resistance concepts applied to the thermal circuit. Herein the entire overall process of thermal-energy transfer is regarded as represented by a system of resistances; whereby further analogy application to electrical simulation computers is greatly facilitated.
KeywordsHeat Exchanger Cold Fluid Coolant Flow Rate Cold Stream Gaseous Fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kayan, C. F., A.S.M.E., Vol. 67, 713 (1945).Google Scholar
- 3.Kayan, C. F., Trans. A.S.M.E., p9, Jan. (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.Kayan, C. F., Journ. A.S.H.V.E., Vol. 22, 123, May (1950).Google Scholar
- 5.Kayan, C. F., Befrig. Eng., Dec. (1951).Google Scholar
- 6.Kayan, C. F., Ninth Int. Congress on Refrigeration, Paris (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.Kayan, C. F., Heating, Piping, and Air Cond., July (1953).Google Scholar
- 8.Standards of the Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association, T.E.M.A., 3rd Ed., 92 (1952).Google Scholar