Simulation of 14-MeV Neutron Damage to Potential CTR Materials
The reaction D(T, n)4 He occurs either as the primary-plasma reaction or as a side reaction in nearly all the controlled thermonuclear reactor (CTR) design schemes. Neutrons produced by this reaction possess an energy of 14.1 MeV and are capable of causing an enormous amount of damage, the extent and character of which is still mostly unknown.
KeywordsRadiation Damage Fission Neutron Fast Breeder Reactor Rotating Target Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.F. Post3 Ann. Rev. Nucl. Sci. 509 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.J.D. Lee, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Rept. UCID-15944 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Booth, H.H. Barschall, Nucl. Inst. Methods 99 1 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.C.M. Logan, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Rept. UCRL-51224 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.J.B, Mitchell, C.M. Logan, C.J. Eicher5 Lawrence Livermore Laboratory Rept. UCRL-74518 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.F.W. Wiffen, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USAEC Rept. ORNL-4440, p. 135.Google Scholar
- 7.J.D. Elen, Septième Congrs. Internationale de Microscopie Electronique, Grenoble (1970) Vol. II, 351–352.Google Scholar
- 8.R.J. Borg? D.Y.F. Lai, C. E. Violet, Phys. Rev. B5 1035 (1972).Google Scholar