ESR and Optical Studies of Induced Centres in Binary Silver and Alkali Borate Glasses
A series of binary borate glasses containing up to 35 mol% Ag20 was X-irradiated and the induced centres were studied by means of ESR and optical absorption spectroscopy. The results showed that the Ag+ traps an electron or a hole to form AgO or Ag++ respectively. The induced ESR spectra of these centres consisted of two hyper fine Ag° lines (g = 2.20 and g = 1.83) and an axially symmetric line for Ag++ (g⊥ = 2.04 and g″ = 2.31). This is in line with what has previously been reported for low silver content glasses.
KeywordsPhosphate Glass Optical Study Silver Content Borate Glass Trap Hole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.E. Lell, N.J. Kreidl, Proc. Cairo Solid State Conf. 1966, Interaction of Radiation with Solids, A. Bishay, ed., Plenum, New York (1967), 199.Google Scholar
- 6.C.J. Delbecq, A.K. Ghosh, P.H. Yuster, Proc. Cairo Solid State Conf. 1966, A. Bishay, ed., Plenum, New York (1967) 387.Google Scholar
- 9.R.A. Zhitnikov, N.I. Melfnikov, J. Sov. Phys.-Solid State 10 80 (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.Sook Lee, P.J. Bray, J. Chem. Phys. 39 2863 (1963).Google Scholar
- 14.P.C. Taylor, P.J. Bray, Bui. Amer. Cer.Google Scholar