Effect of Heat Treatment on Electrical Properties and Structure of As-Te-Ge Chalcogenide Thin Films
The electrical properties and structure of Te53-As36-Ge-11 chalcogenide glass were investigated with various conditions of heat treatment and preparation. This material was found to exhibit negative resistance with a memory and can be converted from high to low resistance state thermally by heating to a transition temperature or electrically by passing a transition current. The activation energy for conduction was found to be 0.36 and 0.3 eV in the high and low resistance states respectively.
KeywordsSubstrate Temperature Isothermal Annealing Chalcogenide Glass Bulk Specimen Virgin Specimen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.R. Ovshinsky, Phys. Rev. Lett. ZL 1450 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Fritzsche, in Proc. Symp. on Instabilities in Semi-conductors, IBM, Watson Res. Lab. (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Pinto, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 6_ 187 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.S.V. Phillips, R.E. Booth, P.W. McMillan, J. Non-Cryst. Solids h 510 (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.R.W. Cahn, Physical Metallurgy, North Holland (1970) 1129 - 65.Google Scholar