gJ(H)/gS(e) Determination: Preliminary Results
Within the last few years, Zeeman spectroscopy of atoms and ions has seen rapid progress in the level of precision attained. Theoretical treatments1 of the hydrogenic atom in a magnetic field have provided a detailed expression giving the ratio of g-factors of the electron bound in the IS state to that of the free electron, gJ(H)/gS(e). Recent experimental activity2 has centered on determinations of gJ(H)/gJ(D); comparison with theory then concerns only the mass-dependent terms. We have begun an experimental determination of gJ(H)/gS(e) itself, so that the leading mass- independent correction terms can be checked.
KeywordsElectron Spin Resonance Spin Exchange Electron Spin Resonance Line Width Electron Spin Resonance Frequency Resonance Line Shape
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See for example, H. Grotch and R.A. Hegstrom, Phys. Rev. A4, 59 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.H.G. Robinson and G.SC Hayne, International Conference on Atomic Physics Abstracts (1968) p. 149.Google Scholar
- 6.B0Rc Bulos, A. Marshal, and W. Happer, Phys. Rev. A4, 51 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.G.R. Henry and J.E. Silver, Phys. Rev. 180, 1262 (1969) and G.RC Henry, Private communication.Google Scholar
- 9.R„WC Ditchburn and J.C. Gilmour, Rev. Mod. Phys. 13, 310 (1941).Google Scholar