A survey of working methods for producing polarized electron beams is presented. The utility of these sources is compared.
KeywordsAtomic Beam Ultra High Vacuum Polarize Electron Spin Direction Ground State Atom
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A more complete review on the methods for producing polarized electrons is given by K. Jost and H.D.Zeman, now Physikalisches Institut, University of Münster, in their unpublished paper “Production of Polarized Electron Beams”. (Stanford HEPL 590,1971). I am very much indebted to this paper, particularly as far as the figures of merit are concerned.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Eitel, K. Jost, and J. Kissler, Z. Physik 209, 348 (1968). Review article: J. Kessler, Rev. Mod. Phys. 4l, 3 (1969)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Wilmers, R. Haug, and H. Deichsel, Z. angew. Physik 27, 204 (1969)Google Scholar
- 5.H.D. Zeman, K. Jost, and S. Gilad, Abstracts of the Vllth International Conference on the Physics of Electronic and Atomic Collisions, Amsterdam 1971, North Holland Publishing Company, p. 1005Google Scholar
- 6.W. Raith, Atomic Physics (Eds. B. Bederson etal.), Plenum Press, New York and London, 1969, S. 389Google Scholar
- 7.V.W. Hughes, R.L, Long, Jr., M.S. Lubell, M. Posner, and W. Rith. Phys. Rev. A5, 195 (1972)Google Scholar
- 10.D.M. Campbell, H.M. Brash, and P.S. Farago, Physics Letters 36A, 449 (1971)Google Scholar
- 11.M.V. McCusker, L.L. Hatfield, and G.K. Walters, Phys. Rev. A5, 177 (1972)Google Scholar
- 14.G. Chrobok, M. Hofmann, and G. Regenfus, Phys. Letters 26A, 551 (1968)Google Scholar
- 15.N. Müller and W. Eckstein, Verhandl. Deutsche Physikal. Gesellschaft 7, 464 (1972)Google Scholar
- 16.G. Busch, M. Campagna, and H.C. Siegmann, J. Appl. Phys. 41, 1044 (1970) and Phys. Rev. 4B, 746 (1971)Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1973