Noise Performance of the Channel Electron Multiplier
Many forms of photoelectronic devices employ a gain mechanism dependent upon multiplication of the energy of electrons forming the image, the number or flux density of electrons forming the image, or both.
KeywordsPrimary Energy Detection Efficiency Yield Curve Noise Figure Noise Performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. F. Barnett, private communication.Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Morton, “Photomultipliers for Scintillation Counting,” RCA Review 1949 (December), 525–553.Google Scholar
- 6.R. F. Tusting, Q. A. Kerns, and H. K. Kundsen, “Photomultiplier Single-Electron Statistics,” IRE Trans. Nucl. Sci. NS9 118 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.N. S. Khlebnikov, A. Ye. Melamid, and T. A. Kovaleva, “Amplitude Distribution of Photomultiplier Output Current Pulses,” Radio Enq. Elect. Phys. 7, 488 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Yakobson, “Evaluation of the Multiplication Factor of a Secondary Electron Multiplier (Multi-dyne) with a Continuous Dynode,” Radio Eng. Elect. Phys. 11 (10) (October 1966).Google Scholar
- 10.R. F. Goff and C. F. Hendee, “Studies of the Secondary Electron Emission Yield, Energy, and Angular Distribution from High Resistance Targets at Grazing Angles of Incidence,” 27th Annual Conf. on Physical Electronics, MIT, March 1967.Google Scholar
- 11.W. M. Sackinger, “Noise Performance of the Channel Electron Multiplier,” Ph.D. Thesis, Cornell University, June 1969.Google Scholar
- 12.G. W. Timm and A. van der Ziel, “Noise in Various Electron Multiplication Methods Used in Imaging Devices,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-15, 314 (May 1968).Google Scholar
- 13.J. R. Sharber, J. D. Winningham, and W. R. Sheldon, “A Directional, Low-Energy Electron Detector Employing Channel Electron Multipliers,” Southwest Center for Advanced Studies, Rept. DASS-68–1, March 1968.Google Scholar
- 14.L. A. Frank, “Low-Energy Proton and Electron Experiment for the Orbiting Geophysical Observations B and E,” University of Iowa Report 65–22, The University of Iowa, July 1965.Google Scholar