Equation for Density Operator and Scaling Properties of Inclusive Cross Section
An equation for density operator of inclusive reaction that is connected with inclusive cross section via a simple relation has been derived in Sections II – V of the paper in the framework of equal-time formulation of the many-body problem in quantum field theory. The solution of this equation allows one to express the inclusive cross section through an effective quasipotential of screening. The results obtained are similar to scattering on a composite nucleon and is very close in spirit to the parton idea.
In Sections VI and VII we managed to reveal a scaling character of inclusive cross section behavior as well as a power law decrease with increase in transverse momentum, with the help of some model assumptions with respect to the screening quasipotential.
KeywordsWave Function Transverse Momentum Density Operator Inclusive Cross Section Scaling Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Logunov, A. N. Tavkhelidze, Nuovo Cim., 29, 380, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Logunov, V. I. Savrin, N. E. Tyurin, O. A. Khrustalev, TMF, 6, 157, 1971.Google Scholar
- 3.V. R. Garsevanishvili, V. A. Matveev, L. A. Slepchenko, A. N. Tavkhelidze. Phys. Lett., 29B, 191. 1969.Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Matveev, R. M. Muradian, A. N. Tavkhelidze, Preprint JINR P2–3900, Dubna, 1968; A. N. Kvinikhidze, D. Ts. Stoyanov. TMF, 3, 332, 1970;Google Scholar
- V. M. Vinogradov. TMF, 8, 343, 1971.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Arkhipov, V. I. Savrin. TMF, 16, 328, 1973;Google Scholar
- A. A. Arkhipov, V. I. Savrin. TMF, 19, 320, 1974.Google Scholar
- J.C. Botke, D.J. Scalapino, R.L. Sugar. Phys. Rev., D9, 813, 1974Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Savrin, N. E. Tyurin.Preprint IHEP STF 73–31, Serpukhov, 1973.Google Scholar