Differential Scanning Calorimetry of Biological Membranes: Instrumentation
The ultimate goal of biological membrane studies is the elucidation of the structure and arrangement in situ of the various molecular species in the biological membrane as well as the correlation of this molecular organization with membrane function. This great enterprise is just aborning; only the most gross aspects of membrane architecture are understood today. There is general agreement, however, that one of the fundamental features of the membrane is an extensive lipid bilayer.
KeywordsDifferential Scanning Calorimetry Differential Thermal Analysis Sample Holder Biological Membrane Sample Container
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barrall, E. M., and Johnson, J. F., 1970, Differential scanning calorimetry theory and applications, in: Thermal Characterization Techniques (P. E. Slade and L. T. Jenkins, eds.), pp. 1–39, Dekker, New York.Google Scholar
- Karmas, E., and DiMarco, R. G., 1970, Water binding index of proteins as determined by differential microcalorimetry, in: Analytical Calorimetry (R. S. Porter and J. F. Johnson, eds.), pp. 135–145, Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Mackenzie, R. C., 1970, Differential Thermal Analysis, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Olafsson, P. B., and Bryan, A. M., 1970, Evaluation of thermal decomposition temperatures of amino acids by differential ethalpic analysis, Mikrochim. Acta, p. 871.Google Scholar
- Perkin-Elmer Corporation, 1970, Bibliography of Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Norwak, Conn., May.Google Scholar
- Porter, R. S., and Johnson, J. F., eds., 1968, Analytical Calorimetry, Vol. 1, Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Porter, R. S., and Johnson, J. F., eds., 1970, Analytical Calorimetry, Vol. 2, Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Smothers, W. J., and Chiang, Y., 1966, Handbook of Differential Thermal Analysis, Chemical Publishing, New York.Google Scholar
- Weissberger, A., and Rossiter, B. W., 1971, Techniques of Chemistry, Vol. I, Part V, Wiley-Interscience, New York.Google Scholar